Monday 28 November 2011

ALLAH's MAGIC...

MasyaAllah. SubhanAllah. Alhamduliilah. We always think that it happens in the movies :-)

I was thinking of Nooraini ever since she replied my message and informed me that Yatie, her sister had passed away last October due to Cushing's syndrom. It's water retention in the body as a result of the anaesthetic given during childbirth. She was only 47 years old. I haven't seen her for so many years due to time constraint. I planned to see her during the Hari Raya break but you know, we could only plan.

Last Saturday I was in Melaka after visiting Ikram in Seremban. That night Kak Leha wanted to go to Mydin, Air Keroh. As usual I was the driver. I was waiting along the aisle of the frozen food while waiting for Kak Leha to pick up her groceries. Due to a lot of people, I waited there with the trolley. I was thinking of Nooraini and how to go to Air Keroh Heights tomorrow. Memang dah niat dah. It's all I could do as a friend. As I was observing all these people making their choices, I saw someone strolling opposite me with a trolley that really looked like her.

I was not very sure it could be her. My mouth uttered Nooraini out loud but I am sure not loud enough for her to hear me due to our distance and the crowd. Yet, she looked up and looked around and saw me directly opposite her. All we could do was gave a big smile to each other and hugged each other tightly. We ignored the crowd. I could just look at her with disbelief that someone that I was really thinking hard enough was right in front of me. This was stuff for the movies. I asked her the directions to her house and promised her to see her the next day. MasyaAllah. Engkau Maha Mengetahui apa yang tersirat di hati hamba Mu ini.

The next day I managed to find her house. Her mother was bed ridden. She was on a two months unpaid leave. We talked about her plans and her mum, the death of Yatie, who was my junior in CHIJ. We used to go to her house for free lunch whenever we had to stay back after school. I know her family well. She's single due to her choice as she is the eldest daughter of 3, her father passed away when she was little, the sole bread winner with a good position and the strength of the close-knitted family. I love her as my friend and sister in Islam. What was so touching was that she was called up for Haj this year but she declined as Yatie was already in ICU. She was glad she did not go as Yatie passed away two days after her departure date. It was meant to be but Tabung Haji said they would KIV her name for next year. Permudahkanlah untuk shabat ku ini ya Allah.

The most I could do is just to be her friend. Thank you Allah. Sometimes, I am so afraid of you but not in the sense of fearing you. Just so afraid of your kindness towards me and my wants in this world as I always feel that I just do not deserve it. Yet, Thank you. Alhamdulillah. Izinkan aku menjadi hambaMu yang sangat bersyukur.
Al-Fatihah untuk aruah Yatie

No comments:

Post a Comment