Wednesday 7 March 2012

He's growing up....

"I WOULD LIKE TO BELIEVE THAT HE DISOBEYS AND REBELS NOT TO DEFY HIS PARENTS BUT TO DEFINE HIS OWN IDENTITY." quote taken from a wise father, STAR, 7th March 2012. 

The issue that Akmal and I were disagreeing was on the length of his hair. Yes, he has lovely, wavy, soft locks. He let it grew long over the semester and extended into his semester  break at home. I offered to pay for his hair cut but of course, it was not taken. Not out of defiance, I guess but as an act of making a statement that he is old enough to decide for himself. I would prefer clean cut and nicely kept hair length that shows off his good looks and reflects his good bearing. Yet, there is a saying - do not judge anything by the looks or cover or clothing or...whatever. Hmmm...I guess there is no harm done as it is the look to go with his diving and water activities. What can I say?
Akmal
I guess I can say a lot of things but they know I do not nag. They know they have the freedom of choice and that Mum will respect their choices albeit reluctantly. Still, I get the privilege of voicing out my unhappiness, my point of view and my opinion. They will consider it but at the end of the day, the choice is theirs. Allah will be their guide and I pray they will hold on to their principles and faith. InsyaAllah.

I guess everybody will have to go through this phase in their lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment