Friday 9 March 2012

Farewell, but not goodbye... ^_^

"And, in the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE in the years." Abraham Lincoln.

Kak Safiah. the PK 1, of my school retired today after 5 years here. I was feeling kind of nostalgic. Another treasured friend had retired but never gone out of my life.

I came to this new school in Alor Setar in December, 1990. When I first came, I had nobody here. No friends. No siblings. No relatives. Only Noor. I did not drive. And I did not want to trouble Noor to send me to and from school as it was 13km out of his way. So, on the first day, in the staff room, I asked if I could take a lift from anybody staying in Alor Setar.

Thus, I was introduced to Fauzi. A bachelor, then. A year older than I was. I started to take a lift from him from the second day until 2 years later. Our relationship went back that far. Taking a lift from Fauzi introduced me to Kak Safiah who was teaching in the same school. She too, took a lift from Fauzi. So, we travelled everyday together for more than a year before she transferred to another school. That's how we forged a friendship until now. Hence, the relationship started way back then. Fauzi is still teaching in the same school. But, he is another story. :-) I wish Kak Safiah the best in life and I gave her an aptly titled book "Nikmatilah Hidup Ini" which I bought in a book store in PKNS, Shah Alam last month. She may not be in school anymore but the warmth continuance of our friendship remains. InsyaAllah.
PC 7517 - the car that took me to school for almost 3 years. It used to be white in colour. Fauzi, my first and trusted friend in Alor Setar.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment