Friday 23 October 2015

Hazy Days ..

Last I posted in my blog about the haze was four days ago. I assumed the situation was getting better but as of yesterday and today (Thursday and Friday) another schools closure day was announced. It was getting worse and moving northwards, Kedah recorded a new high in API level surpassing 230. We had never reached beyond a reading of 170 which caused the schools to be closed. Well, another free holiday but it was really hazy. Yet, I still went for my walk to the park as I was cooped up in the house for the past two days due to a bad back. Very few people were around.There were the usual hardcore walkers and joggers and some were wearing masks. I knew it was better to be safe than sorry but I just could not breathe with the mask on !!!! So, with my back complaining and groaning, I walked my usual three rounds albeit much slower. As hazy as it was, I still felt refreshed and emotionally happier just to get out.

On the way to the park at 7:00am. Hazy and foggy ... a bit thicker and it is entering the twilight zone
5:00pm - the sun trying to shine through the haze. At 6:00pm before I left the park, the sun had turned reddish in colour
I went for my walk twice. Once in the morning and in the evening. There were fewer people and the situation was still hazy with an API reading of 243 by 5:00pm.

Friday. It rained very heavily about 4:00am. I was grateful because it would help to reduce the haze situation. I went for my morning walk happily because the air after the rain was so cooling and refreshing. I have always loved after the rain day. Still hazy ...yes but the cool effect was worth it. A respite from the burning smell and heat of the past week. The park was quite empty although it's a weekend. The tai-chi group, aerobics and most senior citizens were not here today. Thank you, Allah. Alhamdulillah. Despite the haze, I could still go on with my life. I learn to be more appreciative and not to take simple pleasures in life for granted. Fresh air. Clean water. Lush, green trees. Lovely, colourful flowers. Peace. Safety. Birds and squirrels all over the park. Clean environment. Alhamdulillah.

No comments:

Post a Comment