Tuesday 20 October 2015

Final Outing .....

For the first time in as many years (more than ten years I guess) I have never been involved in school or field trips with students anymore. If I have to attend any event with students involved, I usually go on my own. Since I was involved with the school's exam unit, I hardly get myself involved in any students' related activities.

Thus, it was a surprise to the school that I volunteered to accompany the Form Three students who were chosen to go to the Soka Gakkai "Everything You Treasure" Exhibition. It was an exhibition on the banning of nuclear weapons. It was interesting, informative and we all learned something new. The Soka Gakkai group had everything very well-organised and prepared. The way they welcomed us was very thoughtful and we were honoured that we were invited to attend the exhibition. They even sent the bus for us. I guess I will let the pictures speak for them ...

The students that had me as one of the accompanying teachers ..

They welcomed us holding a personalised board with the name of our school


A replica of the atomic bomb that was dropped onto Nagasaki/Hiroshima named "Fat Man"
The replica of the other bomb named "Little Boy"
We were given a briefing on the history of the atomic bombs, effects, and what the world was doing about it
One of the young presenters that attracted lots of fans among the girls ...;-))
We were given the picture of the bomb and to draw what life would be if there were no nuclear bombs

The must have group photo ...

No comments:

Post a Comment