Thursday 11 August 2011

A lesson to be learnt.

Last Thursday, 4th August, Noor, myself, Akmal, Suri (his sister from kangar) and Farhan (his nephew) travelled back to Melaka. We decided to leave after terawih prayers. The reason for the sudden journey - Ijah(his sister in-law) met with an accident in Muar. Although they said she was okay, I told Noor that if it was my family, I would drop everything and went home. At least for peace of mind and soul. He wanted to go back but with me along. Hmmm...mmm

Ijah crashed into a 14 wheel trailer while trying to avoid a motorbike along the Muar-Segamat trunk road. She entered the oncoming lane and a trailer was heading her way. She managed to swerve to avoid head-on collision. The trailer hit the driver's side of the car. The engine part fell apart and the front tyres rolled away. Shah said if she hadn't call him, he thought that Ijah was already gone. She suffered first degree burns along her right cheek and neck. A torn  muscle on her right leg which needed 8 stitches. The burns were caused by the air bag. She's bed ridden as her right leg still could not support her without the help of crutches. As for her lovely face, the doctor said it would take a year to heal. She is still young being in her early thirties. So, maybe she has age on her side.

 I, too, usually drive very fast and impatient because I am very tired at the end of the day and all I wanted is to go home. I must practice caution and be more alert. InsyaAllah, we will all learn something from this incident...

No comments:

Post a Comment