Thursday 30 May 2013

28th MAY 2013 - Muar

The trail continued with a pit stop in Muar to find Muna, my house mate and soul mate. I finally managed to get the boys to be ready by 10:30am. We checked out of the hotel and thanked the staff for a warm and welcoming stay. Of course, food came first on the agenda. Ikram started driving along the Mersing - Kluang route of winding and hilly road. He thought he would be able to drive fast but not furious but along the way, the lorries coming out of the palm oil estates stalled and slowed him down which really tested his patience and my pressure of trying to relax him... :-0}  On the other hand, slowing down the speed helped control my motion sickness. We made it to Air Hitam exit in 2 hours. Me ... in one piece ... :-))   

Syafiq took the wheels until we reached Pagoh exit. After that, I continued while he navigated the GPS for Muna's address. We did not find our way correctly this time as Parit Sakai was not in the GPS list; but we managed to locate the road. So, I called Muna and she came to pick me up. It was so lovely to see her. Yes, I came down for her daughter's wedding last March but it was a khenduri...so we hardly had time for a chat.

We talked to our hearts' content. We giggled over little things. We laughed at old memories. We became nostalgic for a while. Amat (her husband and my college mate) left us alone. The boys had tea with us and they went to make themselves comfortable at the wakaf outside. We really caught up and had a heart to heart talk. We could always talk about anything personal. We talked about some of our friends, our husbands, an old friend, ...  I did not realise almost 2 hours had gone by. Syafiq and Ikram waited patiently for their mum while playing with their handphones!!!!! We finally said goodbye and hugged each other tight.

The same question arose as asked by Hafizah - why am I doing this nostalgic trail of Jalan 4 Juara (our house address)? I answered "I don't know but I just have to do it. It was just done without any planning or thinking. I just needed to do it. So, I did it. If my friends can't come to me, then I shall come to them."  They did not care for the reasons. They were just glad I did it because even though they wanted to do it, they had commitments and obligations. I refused to acknowledge my commitment and obligation. Her area - Parit Sakai - was not even on the GPS list!!. Sometimes all one needed was just a tight and close hug from someone one knew that she cared whatever little things happened to you. Sometimes, friends you never met for so long could understand so much with so little words....

We started to return to Kak Leha's house for the night. Thank you ya Allah, I am very grateful. Please allow me to see Sham tomorrow in Seremban. Thank you for Ikram and Syafiq. Thank you for their understanding, patience, tolerance and trying to do anything to make their mum happy. Thank you for the small things but great ones for me. MasyAllah. SubhanAllah. Alhamdulillah.

"Yang kita harapkan daripada manusia cuma dua  -  nasihat dan doanya.
  Itulah hadiah yang akan mengeratkan ukhuwah kerana Allah.
  Bertemu tidak jemu;
  Berpisah tidak gelisah.
  Kerana ada doa dan nasihat yang mengikat hati kita 
  ketika jauh dan dekat."   -  Uztaz Pahrol Mohd. Juoi

No comments:

Post a Comment