Thursday 30 May 2013

29th MAY 2013 - Seremban

Sham. My room mate of three years and the stable influence in my young, impressionable life. I was lucky for I met all these good people in my life. She was two years older thus, she had more sense than I did. Sham was a sort of person who was in a world of her own. We called it "blur" ... usually never got any jokes until we had finished laughing it off. Our friendship - Sham, Muna, Leha and I - we complemented each other. I had not seen her for almost two or three years. Hence, the next trail would be Seremban.

We left Malacca about 9:30am. Ikram had planned a rendezvous to meet up with some of his friends to go to their former school to settle some business. So, with Syafiq's GPS, we set off for the bus station. After dropping him off, I called Sham's house and Zul, her husband picked up the phone. Sham was not home as she had a class. I asked for the name of the school and Syafiq reset his GPS. When we reached the school, some students were playing games (it's a primary school). I asked the students if they knew Sham and one of them told me that she had gone home. Calling her on her handphone would be useless. Knowing that lady ... she had no e-mail, could not be bothered with anything, seldom read the papers, always in a world of her own ... so I called the house again and Zul insisted that I came over to the house. I asked for the house address. I had never gone to her house without Noor as he was my driver. Now, with the help of Syafiq's GPS, we managed to find the house.

It was a wonderful, safe kind of feeling to be in her tight embrace. Sham had that kind of presence for me. Where Muna (a year younger) and I were always up to pranks and mischief (not trouble), Sham would be the stabling factor in our lives. Pulling us back to reality when we had to face a broken heart, the loss of my father, losing the stability of my childhood home, always trying to reject the guys attention in college ... she was always there to act as a chaperone. Always wise, kind, patient, loving and tolerated all our nonsense. Yes, I love these people in my life. We may be far apart but we never really distanced ourselves.

"Distance can't separate anyone,
  Being near can't bind anyone...
  If feelings are true and from the heart,
  Just close your eyes
  You can find the one that you miss...." 

We talked and caught up with the latest updates. I conveyed Muna's and Pitt's warmest regards to her. She was busy preparing for her daughter's wedding this coming August. She insisted that I must come. InsyAllah, of course I would make time for it. It was just wonderful seeing her again.

Poor Syafiq! He waited patiently until I decided we really had to take our leave. Sometimes, I wished that we could turn back the clock ... but it would never be the same. We had changed ... but our feelings remained the same. The bonding remained strong. The love was still in our hearts. Though we seldom meet - infact years at a stretch - the gap of absence was never there. This made me more determined to try to see Leha. Please, ya Allah, only with your grace, will I be able to see her.

Thus, we returned to our point of beginning - Kelana Jaya at Wah's house until Friday before we started the journey back to Malacca for the wedding of the year.....

No comments:

Post a Comment