Sunday 26 May 2013

FRIDAY, 24th MAY 2013 - The start of the first term holiday

It's the holidays.... ;-)  I really needed to get out of Alor Setar. I was tired all the time due to lack of iron, rest and the pressure of my job. I was fast losing my cool, my temper and my sanity. I needed time out.  ;-(

I had completed my task in the exam department. The first term exam went well enough with a few glitches due to some unprofessional attitude of the administrators. I had completed marking my exam papers. I had cleared out my house and with the two boys in tow, we packed our bags and left after Subuh prayers on Friday. We planned to drop by Simpang Pulai to visit my college mate but due to the extra heavy traffic, we decided to continue straight on to Kelana Jaya. We were grateful that the journey south, although heavy with traffic, were smooth. The cars heading north were caught in a massive traffic jam from Tanjong Malim until Sungai Buluh. It was not moving at all!! ;-0  The sun was scorching hot, the vehicles kept coming and the traffic jam was as far as the eyes could see. Syafiq checked his twitter and there was an accident along the highway heading towards Ipoh. When we saw the Kelana Jaya exit, we could just exhale a breath of huge relief to be out of the highway. It was a long weekend with Wesak Day today. Hafsah was waiting for us for lunch.

After lunch, we sent the boys to the mosque at Wah's area for their Friday prayers. Wah and I went around Kelana Jaya getting our errands settled. By the time we completed our errands, the boys had completed their Friday prayers and we picked them up near the mosque. Kak Hajar and Abang Zul were down from Cameron Highlands. Shaun was also down here from Kulim. They were in Bangi, Nadia's apartment. So, we decided to meet up for dinner at Bangi after maghrib. They had bought dinner - a little of everything :- nasi goreng, satay, burger bakar, otak-otak, mee goreng, fish and chips and buah berangan (roasted chestnuts). Dinner was relaxing and we did justice to the food. Wah and I decided to leave for Malacca that night to avoid the heavy traffic expected. So, finally, about 10:30pm we left for Melaka with Ikram driving the car. The journey was smooth although traffic was still heavy. Maybe other people were also having the same thought as ours about departure time.  :-))  We reached Kak Leha's about midnight and went straight to sleep. Hmm ... first day of the holiday. Bless, bliss and grateful Alhamdulillah.


No comments:

Post a Comment