Tuesday 4 December 2012

CCCM - Ipoh : Day 4

After breakfast of croissant and butter with hot tea, we left Penang for Ipoh. Both having a good sense of direction but could not drive. I had a restless sleep last night and did not sleep well. So, we stopped at Bukit Gantang Hentian Sebelah for coffee and some kueh. I had never drunk so much coffee in my whole life. This was only because I was the only driver. Coffee upset my stomach and made me imsoniac. Hmmm ...  We promised Ana we would try to be there by noon. Wah bought some fruits. Biasalah dia ... We managed to find our way to Tanjong Rambutan. We found Ana's sister food stall which was near her parents' house. She was so sweet. Being almost 14 years younger than our brother, Izwan, who is now 41 years old. I met her on their wedding day and now Hadi, their son is almost a year and a half years old. She served us her stall specialty - mee kari and I asked her for hot tea.
The mee kari - the taufu has fish stuffing inside. Not bad ..
After that, Ana took us to her mother's house at Kg. Bakar Bata, near the stall to meet Hadi, my new nephew whom I had not met since he was born. Izwan was working that day and so, we did not meet up with him. We stayed for almost two and a half hours. First Hadi was shy and withdrawn. Then, when we wanted to leave, he was just getting warmed up to us. I honestly do not know when we would meet again since Izwan hardly return to Melaka anymore and he was not exactly along our route. We kept in touch through Raya greetings via sms, mms and facebook. The new generation ... :-)))  

Later, as we were on our way to the highway, we saw a cocnut drink seller. As it was just near the mosque, I suggested we performed our Zohor/Asar prayers as anything could happen along the highway. Nothing was predictable nowadays. There were jams quite frequently now along the highway. We stopped at Masjid An-Nur and had the coconut pandan drink. It was so hot so the drink was very much welcomed. Wah saw a rambutan seller nearby, thus, she went to buy some. She really lived up to our "cuti-cuti cari makan" ... ha..ha.. Finally, we were on the highway to Melaka. That was the plan for today.
Original coconut pandan drink without ice or sugar

The mosque where we performed our Zohor and Asar prayers
 Along the way, we needed toilet breaks. Well, we are all in our fifties. So, we stopped at Tapah R&R. Wah wanted to eat rice. Kak Haj had the pau kaya and air mata kuching. I shared it with her. I was very tired actually due to lack of sleep. They wanted to buy me coffee again. I had to refuse and prayed to Allah for strength and patience. So, we proceeded to Melaka. Along the way, there were a few roadworks thus causing a slow crawl after Tapah.
Wah's choice at Tapah R&R - rice, fried chicken, tauhu sambal and fried peria with omelette

No comments:

Post a Comment