Monday 10 December 2012

It's over ....

Officially, our 'cuti-cuti cari makan" is over and I am feeling so down saying goodbye, hugging each other tightly and letting them go. Kak Hajar left this morning by bus to Camerons. Kak Ti and Kak Leha at 10:00pm just now. Now, it is back to our normal, everyday routine.

It was an easy week for us. Allah had been very kind to us. Firstly, giving me the energy and strength to be the driver in my condition. Second, for husbands who understood and let us go off together without any arguments or protests. Third, for Wah's boss to approve her leave. Fourth, for our patience, tolerance and understanding of each other either finance, temperaments, health wise or idiosyncracies. It was an easy going and very relax holiday. The main aim of the holiday was to feed Kak Haj who had been unwell since Ramadhan. Wah needed a break from the office and her job. I needed space and time-out from Noor. Thus, I learned to appreciate him better.

I updated my facebook religiously by covering the places and food we ate. My facebook friends followed it regularly. If I was late updating, then Nadia would sms asking where were the photos. My "friends" are my sons, nephew and nieces, very few friends ... My sisters' children would follow us everywhere we went. Ikram reminded me to keep him updated on the food. Akmal in Sabah followed us everywhere we made a stop. Thank you for facebook - connected all of us especially Nadia and Shaun who could follow their mum - Kak Haj - food intake. She was down to only 41kg. I think our mission to fatten her up a little is accomplished.

Kak Ti is 60 years old. Kak Haj is 58. Kak Leha is 57. Wah is 54. Yet, they look much younger than I am !!!! Kak Ti said the secret to looking young is to retire. No stress. :-)  Kak Ti and Kak Leha are already grandmothers. Kak Haj will be a little late. Nadia had 3 miscarriages and after 5 years, is still working on it. Shaun had decided to move on with his life after his broken engagement 3 years ago. He had accepted a new offer and moved to another place. Perhaps it is meant to be and it is for the best. Life is so unpredictable. Whatever is meant to happen, will happen. You just learn to accept and live with it. And if it gets so bad and bogged you down, just take a deep breath and have faith that Allah takes away something to replace it with something much better that we deserve.

I am feeling down, a tad sad and I think I will cry a little tonight. This week that we had spent together would never come again. I missed them. I missed the talks that lasted into the night - about everything and nothing. How we laughed childishly and compared our white hairs, ailments, medicines ... How we seriously suggested our beauty regime - from sharing creams to powders. When we went shopping we always ended up buying something for each other. Thus, when we reached our "port" or the where ever we were for the night, there was always something for everyone. I had to insist and draw the line to stop them from buying blouses, pants, materials and whatnots for me. When late into the night, someone would talk and someone would reply while another one would fall asleep. Then, somebody else went to sleep while another one woke up and continued with whoever was still awoke. We would not have this time again as we only meet up during Hari Raya Puasa, weddings or funerals. During these functions, there's hardly time to be like this where we gathered infront of the TV and just talked the night away. There would always be obligations and commitments hence, it was always "hai ... hai .... bye .... bye.... "

Whenever we ate the series of food for the whole week, there was no arguments of who was going to pay. We did not split the bill neither did we discussed about our share in it. We just let whoever wanted to pay, the honour of paying !!!!! Ha..ha..ha.. :-DD)))  I always opted for breakfast as it's the cheapest meal of the day.  :-))  Well, petrol and toll were on me! Since everybody had their own income, this was a small matter. I drew the line of sharing food especially Kak Haj. She knew I would scold her for sharing her food so she ended up putting it on Wah's plate. Her justification was sharing. I refused to accept hers and told her to try to eat as much as she could without causing serious, dying consequences. Ha..ha..  I bullied them and they relented and let me be. Hmmm .....

We had gained weight that we should lose. We had eaten food that we should avoid. We should exercise instead of goofing off on the pretext of no time, tired, so full .... Was it worth upsetting our daily, normal routine and turning it upside down? Worth every sen, every minute of the day, every topic that we talked about, every argument and justification, every advice and suggestion ...       Thank you, Allah, for giving us this time together to strengthen our love, ties and bond together. Alhamdulillah. Alhamdulillah. Alhamdulillah.



No comments:

Post a Comment