Friday 7 December 2012

CCCM - Kelana Jaya : Day 7 - Dinner

By 5:00pm it started to rain cats and dogs with thunderstorms and lightning. The sisters took out the food they bought this morning and reheated them for tea. I only ate butter buns that I bought at Amcorp mall and the "tepung pelita" which I liked from the restaurant that morning. I thought they had already had lunch unlike me. They said that was 12 noon. After tea, with the heavy rain, we all took naps. Hmmm .... bliss... :-)  

Adik came after maghrib to take us out for dinner. Adi, Nadia's husband came to join us. She took us to a Chinese Muslim restaurant in Kelana Jaya. Dong Yi Shun restaurant. The food took quite some time coming but it was nice. The restaurant ambience was very nyonyaish with mother in-laid pearls decor hanging on its walls. The tables and chairs were solid wood furniture. Not bad but I've tasted better.
The menu - it is famous for its home made noodles
Fried broccoli - just perfect
Sizzling black pepper beef - very tender and nice
A tofu dish - okay
Butter prawns - not bad
A chicken dish - tender and nice
Steam fish - okay lah
Some of the dishes had Chinese names. Overall, not bad but the service could be improved as there were not many customers. I was very hungry as I did not take lunch or tea. So, I enjoyed dinner and finished off my rice. As Nadia and Adi were with us, we did justice to the food. Thanks Adik, for this juncture of our "Cuti-Cuti Cari Makan".

No comments:

Post a Comment