Tuesday 25 December 2012

How could I not be grateful?

A little was asked but huge returns were given. How could I not be so grateful? All I asked was may tonight's dinner with Noor's siblings went well and the food would be enjoyed by them. As long as I could make him happy, I am contented. MasyAllah. SubhanAllah. It did not only went well but all of them had so much fun, so comfortable and so at home that they finally left at 1:30am!    :-}   

Kif , Zeti and family were in Kedah for a break. They came to visit us in Alor Setar and Noor invited them for dinner the next day i.e. last night. He never discussed it with me as he knew I would agree. There was nobody home to help.  ;-{   Then, he called and invited Suri in Kangar (5 of them) and Mohamad (5 of them too). Plus Kif's family of 6 and Noor's 3 staff ... that's 19 guests!  :-0   Noor's niece in Jitra also came. Plus the 2 of us added up to 22 people. Well, I prepapred the usual as they would want to eat rice. I experimented again.      :-DD   I cooked nasi tomato but this time I steamed it. Surprise ... it turned out quite well. Alhamdulillah. I prepared the usual chicken curry and everybody's favourite and must have - the large prawns masak merah and mix vegetable (broccoli, cauliflower, baby corns, celery and mushroom) to accompany the rice. I added on mee hoon soup tulang... I made jelly gula melaka. We bought some bananas for dessert. I fried instant curry puff and made coffee Tenom (from Sabah) and Earl Grey tea. Drinks was Ribena. I thought after serving the dishes I would have time to take photographs to post on my facebook but once it was served, they ate as they were hungry and they came for the food. :-D))   Alhamdulillah.

To top the night off, Suri decided to celebrate Amar's (her son) birthday with us. I was honoured. Amar's birthday fell on Christmas Day but it was celebrated tonight, a day earlier. She brought the cake. What was so satisfying and gratifying was everybody was very relaxed and felt very much at home. A lot of laughter and teasing. Singing birthday song. Eating. The kids were having fun running around, playing and breaking out into loud laughter and chatter. Since we lived at the end lot, my neighbour had gone off for a holiday thus, we were not disturbing the peace in the middle of the night. The adults were having companiable talks. I was trying to catch "Merlin" show on TV3, the men were discussing whatever in an enjoyable atmosphere. I did not join much in their conversation but kept making drinks and making sure everybody had a good time. Noor enjoyed seeing his siblings at his home. I was glad to do my part and made him a happy man.

Everybody was reluctant to leave. At least today is Christmas so it is a holiday except for those who run businesses. Kif finally left for KL at 1:00am. Thus, the others followed suit and went off by 1:30am. Everybody had helped with the cleaning up so all that was left was the clearing up of whatever was on the table.

I was exhausted as I had to do everything alone. Noor only accompanied me to the market. He was busy at the shop due to school season. My back was aching but I was glad that tonight was memorable for everybody. The food was just a simple fare as usual but they enjoyed it. I may not be the life of the party but I tried my best. I left the few crockery and whatnots in the sink to be dealt with the next morning after Subuh prayers. I was in for a pleasant surprise the next morning when Noor had cleaned up and washed the rest of the dishes before he went to sleep. I was very grateful and thankful. :=))  as he usually never got involved in housework. That was sweet of him. Thank you Allah, for making everything easier and for always giving me than I ask for. Alhamdulillah. Alhamdulillah. Alhamdulillah.

"Maka nikmat Allah manakah yang kamu dustakan?"   :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment